~~I've got dreams in hidden places~~
Welcome to the Cabin



Click Below For More Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Misi's Tuesday Display Chain...Favorite Hat/ Collection

Thank you Misi from 1890 Gable House Musings and Pam from Civil Folks for the great suggestion.
I know we all have a favorite hat in our collections.

This is one of my favorites.  I do not know the age but would guess early 1920's.
Brim is woven taffeta with a black silk band with bow.
The crown is beaver fur, hat is lined
This appears to be a winter hat as it is very heavy.

Another pic of my black beaver hat

This is a simple day cap, unique as the back ruffle buttons off
so you can wear it as a day cap.

Straw hat and bonnets at the cabin

My favorite prairie bonnet

Hats from my 40's and 50's collection
Mink hats and a beautiful feather hat

Love this red hat from the 50's
The white hat is a make over hat I wore as Miss McKenna
From the movie Somewhere In Time
\
Showing off our Easter Bonnets
This is my  favorite hat picture
Granddaughters Arwen and Amber  with Grandma,  Easter 2010
Grandma started a hat collection for them as well.

Prim blessings to Misi and Pamela .
Viewing everyone's collections is the perfect holiday treat.  
Connie

4 comments:

  1. Hello Connie,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved seeing photos of your cabin...and the black beaver/taffeta hat is my favorite as well. It suits you. :) Thanks for sharing your home with us Connie.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your hats.....but absolutely love the fist photo of you IN your hat.................a wonderful picture....how precious to have such a shot......blessings~Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful post. I love your hat collection and especially enjoyed the first photo of you wearing your favorite hat.

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie,

    I love the picture of you sitting on the porch of the cabinand, I agree, the black beaver suits you. You are beautiful in it.

    I also love the vintage prairie bonnet and the pic of you cooking in your day cap. I wear mine every time I cook in my cookhouse. We should cook together sometime!

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete