~~I've got dreams in hidden places~~
Welcome to the Cabin



Click Below For More Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Family Reunion


Good morning friends.  Excitement level is high today as we prepare to head home to "Wisconsin" to attend our family reunion.  The little lost black sheep is finding her way to the flock.  It has been 8 years since I have seen my 3 brothers and 2 years have past since I last visited my 3 sisters.  Many of them have never seen my sweet grand girls.  Where does the time go, eight years is a long time, there will be a lot of catching up that is for sure.  Hopefully we will all look better than the folks in this picture, Ha Ha.....This is a real photo taken in the Ghost Town  where my cabin is located in Turret Colorado.  Year is around 1900.  Building is no longer there but you can feel these pioneer's spirit when you walk the dirt roads of our neat little town. I plan on doing a blog about our cabin in this town.  The "Cabin Fever Primitives" picture you see above was a pic of our cabin before we restored it.  I just love that old pic, it talks to me every time I see it.  When I return from the reunion I will post a picture and info about what it looks like now, so keep checking back.  Our cabin was the "Last Post Office" closing it's doors in 1939.  As always, I hope you all can experience the "Magic of an Ordinary Day"...........Connie

1 comment: