~~I've got dreams in hidden places~~
Welcome to the Cabin



Click Below For More Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Family Reunion

I have returned from Wisconsin with a peaceful heart.  Sharing precious memories with my family was more than an "ordinary day", it was a blessed day.  Chatting with my brothers and sisters, laughing at the little nieces and nephews as they played water tag and visiting my Aunt Dorothy in the Senior Care Center were the best.

 After my Mom passed away 15 years ago, my Aunt Dorothy stepped in and took her place in my life.  She was always a special person in my life.  I was the daughter she never had as she raised  3 boys and always longed for a girl.   Aunt Dorothy is 87 years old and until this past May lived in her house for over 60 years.  A stroke and a failing mind has put her in Assisted Senior Care.  The love I have for this special lady is like no other.  She lost the love of her life, Uncle Jimmy, 2 years ago and has been waiting to join him.  As I visited with her I knew she was having a hard time placing me and felt as if she were talking to a stranger.  I knew at some point this day would come.  I kept visiting with her and made a joke about something and laughed.  As I laughed my Aunt Dorothy's eyes came to life, she looked right at me and said my name "Connie Rae", you are here.  I know that laugh, you sound just like my sister Rosie (my Mom).  Well, you know the tears started to flow from both myself and my daughter Wendy.  Of all the precious memories I have of my Aunt Dorothy this will be the one I will remember the most.  "Love you Aunt Dorothy".

A Family Is A Little World Created By Love,  is the theme of my blog today.  Thank goodness for Family Reunions, as they take us back to a simpler time when there were a lot of ordinary days.  Family Reunions  rekindles old memories and creates new ones.  Family Reunions affirms the fact that life is way to short and time passes far too quickly.  As I stood with my brothers and sister at the graves of our parents, I thought of this "World" they had created out of love for each other, 7 children, 11 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren.  How Great Thou Art....How Great Thou Art...   Love you Mom and Dad...............

No comments:

Post a Comment