~~I've got dreams in hidden places~~
Welcome to the Cabin



Click Below For More Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Primitive Chandelier

 
 Good morning friends,  I want to share with you some pics of my olde primitive chandelier.  I spotted one like this in my favorite prim shop and thought, wow, I can make this.  Had to engage the help of my best friend (hubby).  I drew a pic of what I wanted and he kindly took it to his shop and constructed the wood base.  I stained it and added a pip berry wreath.  The grungy beeswax led taper candles are from Bev at  heartland*designs
Here is her Ebay link.  I have grunged my own candles but sometimes it is more fun and faster to purchase them.  Bev has some neat stuff and is great to work with, check her out. We drilled holes into the wood so the candles will set right inside.  The fit quite snug so all you have to do is turn them to make the candle light.  We also added a hook for hanging.  But the best part is that, since my hubby knows me so well, he made me not one but two chandeliers.  What a guy, cost me a few bags of chocolate!!!!




The hardest part will be where to display my new chandelier.  I know one of them is going to the cabin.


More Fun Prims

A huge thank you to my son Joe and wife Jen for the birthday gift.  What I surprise to receive such adorable prim stuff.  Painted wood "Home" plate and a darling quilted wall hanging or table top cover.  It is so cute with sun bonnet girls, primly quilted, and smells like cinnamon and cloves. Simply  Love It . 

Wishing you all a great "ordinary day".......Connie

No comments:

Post a Comment